WHO WE ARE
Who we Are
We Believe in Excellence
The Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS) is a membership body for the procurement and supply professionals. Established under an Act of Parliament, Act No. 3 of 2016.
The institute aims to regulate the profession and develop the interests of the professionals in all sectors. MIPS has the overall mandate to promote professionalism in procurement and supply in Malawi, thus MIPS partners with stakeholders at different levels to ensure sustainability of credible procurement practice through providing platforms for knowledge, experience sharing and networking.
- Integrity: Every member must be trustworthy, and committed to confidentiality in their dealings in order to gain and sustain public trust in the profession
- Objectivity: Every task performed by a member should be conducted in the spirit of objectivity and independence required of professional judgement.
- Competence: Every member should ensure that he or she does not perform any task that he or she is not competent to perform
- Diligence: Every member must perform his or her duties to the best of his or her abilities in a manner that brings credit to the profession
- Courtesy: Every member should show respect, and be courteous to all (in business or otherwise) and always seek to uphold the good name and status of the profession